Monday, June 01, 2009

夏よ、来い! (roughly 'Summer, come to me!')

Well, well, well. I have managed to graduate in flying color (but with crawling attitude). Scrapped enough in final exam and presentation to pass the most important class without begging and pleading. Almost everyone have managed to pass, but not without a casualty in the shape and form of the treasurer of the club.
Pinning Ceremony was unfortunately timed right before the graduation. I believe most people, including myself ended up skipping the graduation due to shear length of it (as well as cold and rainy day dampening the mood). Presentation during the ceremony was rudely interrupted (and never recovered) by an incompetent projector technician, which prompted fellow classmates to chant my name to fix it (I became a go-to guy for anything computer before I knew it).
We exchanged few words and took some commemoration pictures before we part our ways for what could be whole eternity in search for our own path, some would even seek their destiny. Not surprisingly, my father managed to neglect on bringing the camera, thereby keeping his streak of ruining any ceremonies alive.
Harsh economy favors no one. My new job prospective, which I expressed my doubt on the last blog has come true. Three resumes sent, with zero positive return. All I can do at this moment is to pass the board exam, and lots of prayers.

School:
Graduated, new school application is pending until the outcome of the board exam.

Well-being:
On diet (day 1).

Job:
One boss were let go due to two straight days of no-call/no-show. Store manager has moved on to different store, and I might get enough hours over the summer to replenish my bank account.

Reading:
Book: History's Worst Decisions, illustrated edition.
Manga: K-On! (by Kakifly), Acony (by Toume Kei of Hitsuji no Uta, Kurogane and Sing 'Yesterday' to me) and Jasper Temptation (by Himuro Serika of Gekkoh)

Watching:
TV: Mets, and French Open.
Anime: K-On! and Fate/Stay Night.
Movie: Terminator Salvation, Up and Star Trek.

Playing:
Valkyria Chronicles and Flower.
Soon: X-Blades and Cross Edge.

Two-cents (makes better sense than one cent):
California state budget has imploded, prompting the governator to start cutting back on everything, including the state welfare. For those who cries foul, riddle me this:
Where would money come from if no one pays the tax? Our founding fathers once cried, "No tax without representation". Too many people are relying on the government for too many things. While protecting individual rights granted by the constitution and amendment are one thing, but demanding the government to feed is not. Greed and sloth have firmly took there place, and too many hard working people are being ridiculed, and brushed aside when their voices should be heard. Perhaps people might think I am a hateful person for being bashful towards welfare recipients, but I have a right to be resentful. Afterall, I am one of those hard working people who contribute towards the state and federal budget, and yet we are being marginalized when the policy makers are set to make up their mind.
Maybe this event will serve as a wake-up call to those who eats away the budget. What happens in California will soon happen everywhere.

No comments: